This intervention is about ensuring that carers have access to activities and clubs that allow them to take breaks, make friends, have fun and meet others in similar situations.
Related practice examples:
Depending on the needs and wishes of local carers, the methods for delivering Activities and Clubs can include:
- support for carers to access universal and specialist activities
- a range of age-appropriate activities
- young carers’ festivals and holidays
- regular carers’ groups or drop-in centres
- online support for young carers.
This is not a prescriptive list of the services required for each area, but the practice examples can be used to inspire ideas about creative and inventive ways to meet the outcomes of the National Carers’ Strategy
Following the links above will give you a brief outline of each project or service, as well as detailed information and advice about the practicalities of developing and running a similar service.