This intervention is about ensuring that carers have access to education and the support needed to achieve their goals.
Related practice examples:
Depending on the needs and wishes of local carers, the methods for delivering Education can include:
- assistance to help young carers attend and thrive at school
- mentoring and one-to-one support
- delivery of PSHCE lessons
- support for young adults to move into higher/further education, employment and/or training
- access to non-vocational learning for adult carers
This is not a prescriptive list of the services required for each area, but the practice examples can be used to inspire ideas about creative and inventive ways to meet the outcomes of the National Carers’ Strategy
Following the links above will give you a brief outline of each project or service, as well as detailed information and advice about the practicalities of developing and running a similar service.